Matthew Verse

Matthew Verse

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Gaining Growth

When I was younger, my parents would often greet me in the morning with, "I think you grew overnight!" I never thought much of it until I recently witnessed growth in my own sweet six. After returning from a four day weekend, I come to find out my 1 1/2 year old is walking! It was so exciting to witness this milestone in his life. Also, 'S-man' (9 months) is now standing with my help. I love seeing his progress! My joyful 4 1/2 year old is continuing to improve her walking. We practice by going on walks around the neighborhood, which she really enjoys. She loves to greet people in passing with, "Bonswa!" My two handsome 6-month-old boys are beginning to shine their personalities. "Little I" will undergo surgery in early November to correct his cleft lip. Praise God! Finally, my 10-month-old firecracker is starting to stand up on her own. After 7 weeks here, I am still amazed everyday at the love and joy these children have to give.







It seems that my immune system and Haiti just don't want to get along. Once I recover from one illness, it's as if another is waiting to attack. However, this has made me extremely grateful for when I am healthy. I've been having ear/sinus trouble the past couple of days, please pray for God's healing hand to be upon me. The Lord has blessed me with three incredible women, who are also long term volunteers. The laughter we share is medicine itself. On days that I have felt off, I've challenged myself to dig into The Word and really digest it. It's crazy how much better I feel when I start my day off with devotions. Oh, and don't forget coffee. 


Please let me know if there's any way I can be praying for you this week. I'd love to hear from you!

"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen." 2 Peter 3:18

All my love,

Ashley

2 comments:

  1. We'll be praying for your health, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, those sweeties have grown! Prayers for your health, Ashley! Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete