Matthew Verse

Matthew Verse

Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Surprise of a Lifetime

What a spectacular week it has been. Although I was sick Thursday and Friday, the surprise I received  on Monday made up for it all. My mom and sister-in-law made a trip down to Haiti.


I'm so unworthy, yet God continues to pour out His love and blessings upon me. It's difficult to put into words how special this moment was for me, it's one I will cherish forever. In the back of my mind, I worry about how I will adjust when I return to the United States. These children have captured my heart, and there will always be a piece of me in Haiti. My mind is at ease knowing I have two very special people back home that can relate to, and understand my experience.




Wednesday morning, ALL the children at the toddler house were outside. Since they're usually in school, I was so happy my mom and Emily could experience the love and energy of these 40 awesome rugrats. They even put on a little concert for us. 


My mom and sister-in-law left Friday morning. Since then, I've been trying to recover from a stomach bug. Thankfully, I woke up this morning feeling much better. I'm looking forward to what God has in store for me this week, and of course I can't wait to see my lovely children. If there's any way I can be praying for you, please let me know! 

Sending my love,

Ashley 

1 comment: